We have an opening for a Per Diem Occupational Health Collaborative Physician to work at our employer health center located in Allentown, PA!
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
This Collaborative Physician position is 4 hours per week or 8 hours every other week.
· Provides episodic, preventive, and acute health care to patients
· Provide occupational health services (i.e., post-offer physicals, occupational surveillance exams, medical monitoring, return to work exams and Worker’s Compensation medical guidance) in some health centers
· Conducts histories and physical examinations and prescribes medications and/or medical treatments based on best practice standards
· Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients; educates and advises on medical issues as needed
· Provides referrals both internally and externally to appropriate medical resource or specialty
· Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients
· Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice and as defined by Take Care Health privileging process
· Participates in the development of annual clinic goals and objectives
· Maintains medical records (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
· May formulate and administer health programs as needed
· Provides overall responsibility for the care of patients seen in the health care clinic in the absence of the Medical Leader
· Other duties as assigned
· This job has no regular supervisory responsibilities
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!