Health Fitness Specialist
We are currently seeking a Per Diem (PRN-As Needed)Health Fitness Specialist to work at one of our corporate fitness centers located in Hopkinton, MA!
Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
Summary: In addition to the Essential Functions below, this position is primarily responsible for participating in all daily fitness center operations in order to ensure optimal performance of the Fitness Center, which include floor supervision, fitness assessments, new member orientation, group exercise instruction and personal training.
- Provide “Best of Class” customer service to all Fitness Center members according to TCHS Exercise Leadership, and Customer Service Standards
- Provides exercise leadership expertise in the areas of supervised workouts, fitness testing, exercise prescriptions and group exercise instruction according to the latest American College of Sports Medicine, Exercise Testing and Prescription guidelines (fitness testing and exercise prescription), AFAA (for group exercise) and TCHS Exercise Leadership, Fitness Floor Supervision, and Customer Service Standards
- Continuous upkeep of in-house facility duties as listed in the TCHS Facility Appearance Policy and facility audit plan
- Assist TCHS team in implementation of strategic program and marketing plans
- Assist the Health Fitness manager with monthly reporting statistics
- Ensure compliance to equipment preventative maintenance schedule and immediately report any facility or equipment issues
- Assist in the establishment and on-going coordination of the membership database/adherence program
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the site manager
- Partner with fitness team and related departments to provide optimal performance of the Fitness Center to meet the needs and satisfaction of client
- Address customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
- Execute safe and effective fitness services
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people! M/F/D/V
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise related field
- Internship experience or at least 1 year experience in the corporate health/fitness industry
- Current CPR and First Aid certification required
- Demonstrated ability to teach group exercise classes and instruction on exercise floor
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Business writing skills
- Thorough understanding of exercise physiology
- Experience in, and ability to perform fitness assessments including:
- Resting and exercise blood pressure and heart rate
- Body composition using skin fold calipers
- Muscular strength and endurance testing
- Sub maximal cycle testing
At Take Care Health Systems, our Fitness professionals are the lifeblood of our company. So much more than just the front lines, the everyday touchpoint between our company and our patients, you are our most unique and valuable asset. That’s why we place so much importance on providing a workplace that not only administers unparalleled care to our patients, but also to our team members.
It is the job our Fitness professionals do that makes the difference for each and every patient. We are looking for kind, caring job-seeking professionals who are eager to listen to and support the needs of each of our patients to join our team as a Fitness professional.
Together we can redefine the future of healthcare. One conversation. One patient. One community at a time. If you share our passion for care as a calling--not just a job, we may have a home for you on a team of like-minded healthcare professionals at the leading edge of a new movement in healthcare.