We have an opening for a Full-Time Phlebotomist to work at our employer health center located in Chandler, AZ! Work hours are M/W/F 6a.m-3p.m, TU/TH 6a.m.-11.am and 5p.m-8p.m.
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to collect blood samples from patients
• Works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner in accordance with safety and organizational policies and procedures
• Demonstrates problem solving prevention skills equal to the expected level of responsibility for the job
• Assists with supply inventory
• May instruct phlebotomy procedure to new employees
• Understands and abides by all of the BSFHC infection control guidelines and safety procedures; know location and use of MSDS material and use of emergency equipment
• This role has no supervisory responsibilities
• Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma
• Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required
• NCA or ASCP Certification preferred
• Six months to one year phlebotomy experience in a healthcare environment or satisfactory completion of an approved phlebotomy course and completion of 100 hours clinical experience
• Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations
• Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Record