We have an opening for a Ful time Health Fitness Specialist to work at our employer health center located in Groton, CT
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
(Optional) Summary: This position is responsible for managing a broad range of staff members, both support staff and technical staff and ensuring the scheduling and service levels are being met.
- Provide "Best of Class" customer service to all Fitness Center members according to TCHS Exercise Leadership, and Customer Service Standards
- Provides exercise leadership expertise in the areas of supervised workouts, fitness testing, exercise prescriptions and group exercise instruction according to the latest American College of Sports Medicine, Exercise Testing and Prescription guidelines (fitness testing and exercise prescription), AFAA (for group exercise) and TCHS Exercise Leadership, Fitness Floor Supervision, and Customer Service Standards
- Continuous upkeep of in-house facility duties as listed in the TCHS Facility Appearance Policy and facility audit plan
- Assist TCHS team in implementation of strategic program and marketing plans
- Assist the Health Fitness manager with monthly reporting statistics
- Ensure compliance to equipment preventative maintenance schedule and immediately report any facility or equipment issues
- Assist in the establishment and on-going coordination of the membership database/adherence program
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the site manager
- Partner with fitness team and related departments to provide optimal performance of the Fitness Center to meet the needs and satisfaction of client
- Address customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
- Execute safe and effective fitness services
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise related field
- Internship experience or < 1 year experience in the corporate health/fitness industry
- Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- First Aid certification
- Demonstrated ability to teach group exercise classes and instruction on exercise floor.
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Business writing skills
- Thorough understanding of exercise physiology