We have an opening for a Full-time Physician Assistant/PA or Nurse Practitioner/NP to work at our BP employer health center located in Houston, TX!
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
Summary: The Physician Assistant (PA) provides health care services to patients under direction and responsibility of Staff Physician or Site Medical Director. The PA uses clinical judgments in conducting health assessments making differential diagnosis. Plans are implemented through independent action, health counseling, and collaboration with other members of the health team. The PA promotes optimum health, prevents illness and injury, and manages acute and chronic health problems in the on-site setting.
· Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician
· Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection
· Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, provides home-going instructions, and assists in provision of continuity of care
· Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, and health maintenance
· Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs
· Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
· Provides written home-going instructions
· Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary
· Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures
· Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
· Maintains medical records (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!