Licensed Practical Nurse\Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN\LVN)
Las Vegas, NV
Send to a Friend
We have an opening for a Part Time Licensed Vocational Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) to work at our client’s employee health center in Las Vegas, Nevada!
Part Time 20 Hours per Week!
Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
Summary: This position is responsible for managing a broad range of staff members, both support staff and technical staff and ensuring the scheduling and service levels are being met.
Essential Functions :
- Interviews patient to determine medical problem/condition and documents in chart for physician
- Obtains and records patient's vital signs and weight
- Assists physician with patient examination as needed
- Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient
- Documents services performed on appropriate forms
- Dresses wounds as instructed. Applies compresses, ice and heat packs
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge
- Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, and notes time and amount on patients' charts
- Assembles and uses clinic equipment
- Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples
- Sterilizes equipment and supplies
- Cleans rooms and changes linens
- Maintains supplies, including stocking and ordering new supplies and disposing of expired or damaged supplies
- Responds to patient or client telephone inquiries by evaluating and responding to the patient's/clients problems and questions
- Follows up with patients who miss appointments
- Follows up with patients on lab results, including the scheduling of any additional tests
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!
Requirements Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited program, Associate's degree (A.S.) and/or equivalent from two-year college or technical school At least three years of clinical experience as a LPN/LVN in an ambulatory care, occupational health, or emergency department setting Licensed as a Practical or Vocational Nurse Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services Knowledge about workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations
- Strong computer skills (Internet software, spreadsheet, word processing etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
At Take Care Health Systems, our Nurses are the foundation of our company. So much more than just the front lines, the everyday touchpoint between our company and our patients, you are our most unique and valuable asset. That’s why we place so much importance on providing a workplace that not only administers unparalleled care to our patients, but also to our team members.
The job our Nurses do makes all the difference to each and every one of our patients. And the care and understanding with which you serve them is the lifeblood of our company. And it’s why we pledge to strongly support you in your professional development through our accredited Continuing Education programs at no cost to you.
Together we can redefine the future of healthcare. One conversation. One patient. One community at a time. If you share our passion for care as a calling--not just a job, we may have a home for you on a team of like-minded healthcare professionals at the leading edge of a new movement in healthcare.