As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems includes Take Care Consumer Solutions (www.takecarehealth.com), managers of convenient care clinics located at select Walgreens drugstores nationwide, and Take Care Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com), managers of worksite-based health and wellness services. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our trusted community of providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare to all individuals. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies.
We are currently seeking a Per Diem (PRN-As needed) Nurse Practitioner to join our employee health center located in New Orleans, LA. This PRN Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for covering staffing shortages Monday-Friday from 7:00am-4:00pm when needed. This employee health center provides primary care and urgent care treatments to our client’s employees.
Responsibilities Include :
· Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs
· Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition. Provides written home-going instructions
· Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary
· Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures
· Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
· Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
· Educates and coaches nursing staff on best nursing practices
· Master’s Degree required
· At least three years of clinical experience as a Practitioner in an ambulatory care, occupational health, or emergency department setting is strongly preferred
· Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of North Carolina Nationally certified as a Family, Adult or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner through the AANP or ANCC
· Current CPR certification through the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association
· Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of the Site Medical Director, if allowed within state of practice.
· Training skills a plus
· Demonstrated problem-solving and work flow management skills
· Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records