We have an opening for a Full Time Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to work at our client’s employee health center in Las Vegas, NV!
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
Summary: This position is responsible for managing a broad range of staff members, both support staff and technical staff and ensuring the scheduling and service levels are being met.
· Interviews patient to determine medical problem/condition and documents in chart for physician
· Obtains and records patient's vital signs and weight
· Assists physician with patient examination as needed
· Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient
· Documents services performed on appropriate forms
· Dresses wounds as instructed. Applies compresses, ice and heat packs
· Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge
· Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intermuscular injection, and notes time and amount on patients' charts
· Assembles and uses clinic equipment
· Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples
· Sterilizes equipment and supplies
· Cleans rooms and changes linens
· Maintains supplies, including stocking and ordering new supplies and disposing of expired or damaged supplies
· Responds to patient or client telephone inquiries by evaluating and responding to the patient's/clients problems and questions
· Follows up with patients who miss appointments
· Follows up with patients on lab results, including the scheduling of any additional tests
· Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices.
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities
· Other duties as assigned
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!