As part of Walgreen’s Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems includes Take Care Consumer Solutions ( www.takecarehealth.com ), managers of convenient care clinics located at select Walgreen’s drugstores nationwide, and Take Care Employer Solutions ( www.takecareemployersolutions.com ), managers of worksite-based health and wellness services. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our trusted community of providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare to all individuals. We currently have an opportunity for a Per Diem (PRN-As Needed ) Registered Nurse to join our Team! This person will be responsible for providing nursing care to client employees at the Golden Health Center in Elko, NV. Hours: MWF: 8:00 AM-8:00 PM TTH: 11:00 AM-8:00 PM Rotating Saturdays 9:00 AM-12:00PM
Provides nursing care to client employees and/or contractors and visitors to the health center.
Essential Functions :
· Uses nursing skills to evaluate patient care needs, prioritize treatment, and maintain patient flow
· Conducts a nursing assessment by taking a patient history and physical assessment and by obtaining vital signs and other medical tests.
· Provides treatment within scope of practice as defined by state law Collaborates with Physician or other Licensed Independent Practitioner to arrange for further medical treatment, when needed
· Identifies equipment that needs repair and brings it to the attention of the lead clinician.
· Performs occupational and health screening tests as defined in site contract (EKG, audiometry, spirometry, vision)
· Conducts appropriate laboratory tests and quality control procedures Documents accurately all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications administered, discharge instructions provided, and follow up care arranged
· Evaluates health education/promotion needs of patients and provides necessary training and instruction
· Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice
· Administers medications and medical treatments competently as directed by a Physician or Licensed Independent Practitioner
· Maintains medical records (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
· Maintains a clean and safe environment.
· Follows infection control procedures
· Maintains patient privacy and confidential patient information Participates in follow up phone calls and follow up patient visits
· ·Other duties as assigned
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Required Qualifications :
· Certificate from an accredited Nursing School or Associates’ degree (A.S.) is required.
· Bachelor's degree (BSN) from four-year college or university is preferred
· At least three years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in an emergency room, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic
· Currently licensed Registered Nurse in state of practice required Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required Advanced Cardiac Life
· Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
· Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
Preferred Qualifications :
· Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
· Certification in Occupational Health Nursing, Certification in Emergency Nursing, or Certificate in Case Management
· Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations