Physician Assistant (PA)
New York City, NY
Take Care Health Systems, is an innovative organization that provides the American workforce with the benefits of improved wellness and preventive care. We operate on-site employee healthcare programs, clinics and fitness centers for some of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies.
Send to a Friend
Our employer site located in New York City, NY has a need for a Per Diem (PRN-As Needed) Physician’s Assistant-PA to fill in for vacations, sick days, etc. This person will work approximately 16 hrs per week. There are no guaranteed hours or benefits for this position.
Essential Functions :
• Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician
• Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection
• Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, provides home-going instructions, and assists in provision of continuity of care
• Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, and health maintenance
• Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs
• Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
• Provides written home-going instructions
• Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures
• Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment Maintains medical records (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
Requirements• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university PA Program required
• At least three years of clinical experience as a Physician Assistant in an ambulatory care, occupational health, family practice or emergency department setting
• Licensed as a Physician Assistant in the state or jurisdiction of practice
• National Certification with NCCPA.
• Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred
• Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required
• Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of the Medical Leader, if allowed within state of practice
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
Preferred Qualifications :
• Master’s Degree
• Training skills a plus
• Demonstrated problem-solving and work flow management skills
• Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!
Physician Assistant Jobs
Our Physician Assistant professionals are the lifeblood of our company. At Take Care Health Systems, you’re so much more than just a team member, you’re an integral part of our most unique and valuable asset; our team. That’s why we place so much importance on providing a workplace that not only administers unparalleled care to our patients, but also to our team members. Take Care Health Systems has a wide variety of Physician Assistant careers for job-seeking professionals who want to have an active role at the forefront of an emerging industry. Our team members flourish in an environment that allows them to operate with flexibility, and enjoy a culture that fosters open and honest communication. If you want a job that will put your Physician Assistant skills and experience to work, consider a career at Take Care Health Systems. Together we can redefine the future of healthcare. One conversation. One patient. One community at a time. If you share our passion for care as a calling--not just a job, we may have a home for you on a team of like-minded professionals at the leading edge of a new movement in healthcare.