We have an opening for a full time Nurse Practitioner to work at our employer health center located in Durham, NC!
Take Care Health Systems (www.takecareemployersolutions.com) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
The nurse practitioner (NP) uses clinical judgments in conducting health assessments making differential diagnosis, and prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments. Plans are implemented through independent action, health counseling, and collaboration with other members of the health team. The NP is responsible for clinical oversight and health center consultation regarding administration of health care policy and procedure of the delivery of on-site health services. The NP promotes optimum health, prevents illness and injury, and manages acute and chronic health problems in the on-site setting.
· Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician Orders
· Interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs
· Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
· Provides written home-going instructions Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary
· Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures
· Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
· Maintains medical records (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
· Educates and coaches nursing staff on best nursing practices
· Other duties as assigned
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!
· Master's degree (MSN) required
· 1+ year experience in Primary Care, Urgent Care or Ambulatory Clinic
· Adult Nurse Practitioner required
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in state of practice
· Nationally Certified as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner
· Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required
· Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of the Medical Leader if allowed within state of practice
· Strong computer skills with knowledge of Internet software
· Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
· At least three years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an ambulatory care, occupational health, family practice or emergency department setting
· Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred
· Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
· Urgent Treatment or Primary Care experience preferred
· Strong Occupational Health experience
Requirements as set forth in the specific contract for the site may include working flexible hours including evenings, nights and weekends. Travel for training may occasionally be required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, virus, disease and infection. The employee may experience traumatic situations. The employee may occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.