We have an opening for a Per Diem (PRN-As Needed) Nurse Practitioner/NP to work at our employer health center located in Lumber Bridge, NC! This person will provide coverage for sick days, vacation days, etc for both primary care and occupational health. Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required.
Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
Summary: The nurse practitioner (NP) uses clinical judgments in conducting health assessments making differential diagnosis, and prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments. Plans are implemented through independent action, health counseling, and collaboration with other members of the health team. The NP is responsible for clinical oversight and health center consultation regarding administration of health care policy and procedure of the delivery of on-site health services. The NP promotes optimum health, prevents illness and injury, and manages acute and chronic health problems in the on-site setting.
Essential Functions :
· Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs
· Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
· Provides written home-going instructions
· Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary
· Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures
· Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
· Maintains medical records (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
· Educates and coaches nursing staff on best nursing practices
· Master's degree (MSN) required
· Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required
· At least three years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an ambulatory care, occupational health, family practice or emergency department setting
· Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in state of practice Nationally Certified as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner
· Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
· Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of the Medical Leader, if allowed within state of practice
· Strong computer skills with knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
· Training skills a plus
· Demonstrated problem-solving and work flow management skills
· Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records