We have an opening for a Full-Time Administrative Assistant to work at our employer health center located in San Jose, CA!
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
Summary: Provides support with the daily activities of a health center including filing, telephone coverage, appointment scheduling, registration, and patient referrals by performing the following duties.
· Organizes and maintains a filing system for patient charts, including generating chart numbers, filing, and pulling charts
· Answers telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a triage slip for response by medical personnel
· Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler
· Conducts reminder calls to all patients
· Greets and directs patients, salespeople, and visitors
· Registers patients by verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate, makes appropriate changes in computer system and on patient's chart
· Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices or specialists
· Prepares all billings in computerized system for processing by finance
· Collects payment from patients and reconciles daily cash reports Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
· Ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully, developing alternate solutions
· Exceptional interpersonal skills; listening skills are essential while remaining open to other ideas and trying new things
· Conducts self with professionalism and in a tactful manner, treating others with respect and consideration
· Follows through on commitments
· Strong customer service orientation, responding quickly and appropriately to customer needs, and managing difficult or emotional situations
· Demonstrates ability to perform and maintain
· Annual Competencies Other duties as assigned This job has no supervisory responsibilities
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!
Patient Service Representative