We have an opening for a Per Diem Optician to work at our employer health center located on the campus of BMW in Greer, SC!
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
This position will cover vacation, call out and medical leave. The center hours are Monday & Wednesday 7a-5p and Tuesday & Thursday 10a-8p.
· Greets and assists patients in a timely and friendly manner
· Verifies vision benefits and relays any pertinent insurance benefit information prior to material purchases
· Answers phones and directs calls appropriately
· Accesses data base to schedule, confirm and update appointments as necessary
· Answers patient questions regarding their account, obtains assistance if necessary
· Verifies eligibility for all "walk-in" and same-day patients as necessary
· Safely operates optical machinery
· Assists patient with materials purchases
· Orders and dispenses materials according to vision center policies and procedures
· Repairs spectacles as brought in by patients
· Handles patient complaints/issues regarding materials according to policies, obtains assistance if necessary
· Checks out patients and documents material sales and/or payment collection from patient on encounter forms
· Obtains and documents vision insurance benefit authorizations for exams and materials
· Coordinate referral appointments for patients for diagnostic testing, evaluations, and treatment based on insurance type and according to provider-stated urgency
· Documents and reports back to providers if unable to complete referral as requested
· Maintains daily log and balances deposit daily on cash log in the dispensary
· Maintain medical record system for the vision center
· File reports, labs, progress notes, prescriptions, and other incoming optometric reports
· Pull charts upon request
· Maintains appropriate quality control logs
· Responsible for accessing voice mail messages and coordinating follow-up in a timely fashion
· Ensures that all encounter forms are complete and accurate
· Forwards all necessary paperwork to appropriate sources or agencies
· Obtain prescriptions or orders from outside optometrists/ophthalmologists as necessary
· Enter information into computer in a timely manner
· Accesses faxed and mailed reports from specialists, forwards then to ordering provider for review, and ensures placement, along with other pertinent paperwork into the patient's chart, as per protocol
· Other duties as assigned
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!